Welcome to Gidi Box Office!
If you do not wish to be bound by these policies, please do not use GIDI BOX OFFICE
We reserve the right to change the policies from time to time, so it is Your sole responsibility to regularly check these documents. Your use of www.gidiboxoffice.com will be deemed an acceptance of the policies existing at that time.
As part of our commitment to ensuring www.gidiboxoffice.com is one You want to frequently visit, we welcome your comments on any of the policies stated here.
www.gidiboxoofice.com (“Gidi Box Office”) is owned and operated by the Àkókò Group Limited (“AGL” “we” “our”). We are a company registered in England and Wales, our Company Number is 12370682 and our registered office address is Àkókò Group Limited, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom.
Gidi Box Office is a pay per view and a purchase of content service that provides our customers (“You” “Your” “Users” “Viewers”) with access to content provided by our content creators (“Uploaders”) including but not limited to access to cinema standard films and other audio-visual entertainment (“content”) streamed via the internet to internet enabled devices.
By using this website, You are fully accepting the Terms, Conditions and Disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the website.
We reserve the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and Your continued use of the website or services following any changes shall be deemed to be Your acceptance of such change. It is therefore Your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly for any changes.
3. Privacy and Cookies
- 3.1 We are committed to responsible data management and subscribe to the principles of the data protection legislation in the United Kingdom. We are committed to maintaining the privacy of our Users and maintaining the security of any personal information received from You. If You register for any of the services You will be asked to provide basic personal information. The information provided by You is not available for sale or use by third parties. The information is used solely for notifying You of changes or updates to the website or services.
Note: If you wish to opt-out of our placing cookies on Your computer, please adjust Your internet browser’s settings to restrict cookies as detailed in Your internet browser’s help menu. You may also wish to delete cookies, which have already been placed. For instructions on how to do this, please consult Your internet browser’s help menu.
- 3.2.1 To store the contents of a visitor's shopping basket.
- 3.2.2 To identify what site referred the visitor to the website.
- 3.2.3 To record analytics data etc.
4. The Services
he website may provide communication tools such as email, bulletin boards, newsletters, live chats, news groups, forums and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others. Unless stated otherwise the services are for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- 4.1 In order to access our service, you will have to create an account with Gidi Box Office. You must be 18 years of age to register for Gidi Box Office service.
- 4.2 There is a 3-day window in
which You can watch a movie purchased from New Releases category, after which it is automatically removed from Your account.
- .3 Movies purchased from other categories are permanently stored in Your account and can be watched at Your leisure.
- 4.4 Subject to your compliance with these Terms and your payment of any applicable fees, Gidi Box Office grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non- transferable, non-sub licensable license to access and make personal and non-commercial use of Gidi Box Office platform.
- 4.5 You may view content through the Gidi Box Office platform only in geographic locations where we have licensed such content. The content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location. Gidi Box Office will use technologies to verify your geographic location.
- 4.6 The number of devices on which you may simultaneously watch content is restricted.
- 4.7 The quality of our content that you watch may vary from computer to computer or device to device and may be affected by factors such as but not limited to Your location, Your device, the bandwidth provided by Your Internet connection. Furthermore, the time it takes before you start viewing the content will vary based on a number of factors but not limited to Your location, the size of Your bandwidth at the time, the movie or other audiovisual entertainment you have selected and the configuration of Your viewing device. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with Your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. Gidi Box Office makes no representations or warranties about the quality of your viewing experience on Your device.
- 4.8 As we continually update Gidi Box Office, including the content library, delivery methods and pricing, we therefore may add or remove content from our service, or change the basis on which the content is available on the service. Hence, we reserve the sole right and discretion to make changes from time to time and without notice in how we offer and operate our service.
You agree to use Gidi Box Office service, including all features and functionalities associated therewith, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including public performance limitations or other restrictions on use of the service or content therein.
- 5.1 You are prohibited from reproducing, distributing, modifying, copying, uploading, exporting, transferring, selling, forwarding or transmitting the Contents on the Site or in the application other than in accordance with the license granted and further not to reproduce any information of the Site or in the application on any other website.
- 5.2 You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the content or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the content including geo-filtering mechanisms.
- 5.3 You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other download, stream, (except as explicitly authorised in these Terms) copy, capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transmit or retransmit the content unless expressly permitted by AGL in writing.
- 5.4 You may not incorporate the content into, or stream or retransmit the content via, any hardware or software application or make it available via frames or in-line links unless expressly permitted by AGL in writing. Furthermore, You may not create, recreate, distribute or advertise an index of any significant portion of the content unless authorised by AGL.
- 5.5 You may not circumvent, remove, alter, interfere with, deactivate, degrade or obstruct any of the content protections on Gidi Box Office service; use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access Gidi Box Office service; decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Gidi Box Office service; install any code, product, software or manipulate the content of Gidi Box Office service in any way; or, use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method.
- 5.6 You shall not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise send or transmit any material designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment associated with Gidi Box Office service, including any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs.
- 5.7 You may not build a business using content from Gidi Box Office, whether or not for profit. The content covered by these restrictions includes but is not limited to, text, graphics, logos, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations, videos and other materials ("the Content"). In addition, You are strictly prohibited from creating derivative works or materials that otherwise are derived from or based on in any way the content, including montages, mash-ups and similar videos, wallpaper, desktop themes, greeting cards, and merchandise, unless it is expressly permitted by AGL in writing. This prohibition applies even if you intend to give away the derivative materials free of charge.
- 5.8 You may not arrange for any other website to be connected to the Site or application by way of hyperlink or otherwise without the prior written consent of AGL.
- 5.9 You may not modify, enhance, remove, interfere with, or otherwise alter in any way any portion of the Media Player, its underlying technology, any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure incorporated into the Media Player. This restriction includes, but is not limited to disabling, reverse engineering, modifying, interfering with or otherwise circumventing the Media Player in any way that facilitates the ability for You to view the content without:
- 5.9.1 Displaying visibly both the Media Player and all surrounding elements (including the graphical user interface, any advertising, copyright notices, watermarks and trademarks) of the page on Gidi Box Office where the Media Player is located; and
- 5.10.2 Having full access to all functionality of the Media Player, including, but is not limited to all video quality and display functionality and all interactive, elective, or click-through advertising functionality.
6. User Account, Password and Security
If a particular service requires You to open an account You will be required to complete the registration process by providing certain information and registering a username and password for use with that service. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password and also for all activities, which take place under Your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of Your password or account or any other breach of security. In no event will Gidi Box Office be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of Your username and/or password. You may not use another person’s account at any time, without the express permission of the account holder.
7. Electronic Communication
8. Acceptable Use
- 8.1 You acknowledge that all information, text, graphics, logos, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations, videos and other materials ("the Content"), whether posted publicly or transmitted privately, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. We do not control or endorse the Content and cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content and you acknowledge that by using the Services you may be exposed to Content that is offensive and/or indecent. Gidi Box Office will not be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of any Content transmitted via the Services and you agree to bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such Content.
8.2 In using the Gidi Box Office services, you agree not to:
- 8.2.1 Use Gidi Box Office to send junk email, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other unsolicited messages, commercial or otherwise;
- 8.2.2 Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that is defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive, harassing or unlawful;
- 8.2.3 Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards any person or group on account of their race, religion, disability, nationality or otherwise;
- 8.2.4 Threaten, abuse, disrupt, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- 8.2.5 Use any information or material in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary right of any party;
- 8.2.6 Make available or upload files that contain a virus, worm, trojan or corrupt data that may damage the operation of the computer or property of another;
- 8.2.7 Collect or store personal information about others, including email addresses;
- 8.2.8 Advertise or offer to buy or sell goods or services for any commercial purpose, unless such communication facility specifically allows such messages;
- 8.2.9 Impersonate any person or entity for the purpose of misleading others;
- 8.2.10 Violate any applicable laws or regulations;
- 8.2.11 Use Gidi Box Office in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website/Services or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website/Services;
- 8.2.12 Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or confidential information disclosed in the course of employment or under a confidentiality agreement);
- 8.2.13 Attempt to gain unauthorised access to any of the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website/Services through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- 8.3 We have no obligation to monitor the Gidi Box Office but shall be entitled to review materials posted to a communications facility and, at our sole discretion, to remove any material that breaches these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable.
We have the right to terminate Your access to any or all of the Services at any time, without notice, for any reason, including without limitation, if You are in breach of these Terms and Conditions. We may also at any time, at our sole discretion, discontinue the website or services or any part thereof without prior notice and You agree that we shall not be liable to You or any third party for any termination of Your access to the website or services.
10. The Services
- 10.1 You will need to create an account and register your details in order to access Gidi Box Office.
- 10.2 The price of each movie on Gidi Box Office shall be that stipulated on the relevant webpage.
- 10.3 The total purchase price, including VAT, if any, will be displayed in Your shopping cart prior to confirming the order.
- 10.4 After the order is received Gidi Box Office shall confirm your order by email.
- 10.5 Payment of the price plus VAT, if applicable, must be made in full before commencement of the Services. Payment must be made without deduction or set-off. You will need to make payment via PayPal if you have a PayPal account or choose to use PayPal’s guest check out service in order to pay using Your debit or credit card. Click here (https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full) for more on PayPal’s Acceptable Use Policy.
- 10.6 Where applicable, if any payment is not paid on time or any payment is rejected or refused, the amount owing will be treated as overdue and the Gidi Box Office will be entitled immediately to cease or suspend the provision of the relevant service until payment has been received.
- 10.7 You have the right to cancel the Contract, by notice in writing, at any time before one and half hours has passed from one hour after the Contract was made. If, however, Gidi Box Office starts to perform its side of the Contract with Your agreement before You exercise this right to cancel, the right to cancel is lost.
11. Content Creator
- 11.1 You will need to create an account and register your details in order to upload Your content onto Gidi Box Office.
- 11.2 Gidi Box Office reserves the right to refuse Your registration, if the quality of Your content fails to meet its standard.
- 11.2 You will need to upload a full length feature of Your movie as well as its Trailer. You will include the movie synopsis, cast, movie runtime, 3 landscape images (1650 px by 650 px) and 1 portrait image (270 px by 350 px) to showcase the movie on our Site.
- 11.3 You will need to add Your PayPal account details to the payment option in order to receive payment for any purchases of Your content, of which 20% is automatically deducted as Gidi Box Office fees.
- 11.4 You have the right to cancel the Contract, by notice in writing, within 24 hours after the Contract was made or at any time after 90 days have passed from when the Contract was made.
12. No Refunds
- 12.1 All fees and charges are non-refundable.
- 12.2 It is only in extreme situations, which are highly uncommon, whereby there are special circumstances i.e. Gidi Box Office service is unavailable for days due to technical difficulties, where Gidi Box Office determines it is appropriate to provide some concession to affected Viewers. It will be at Gidi Box Office’s sole discretion the amount and form of such concession and the decision to provide them. Furthermore, the provision of any concession under one circumstance does not entitle anyone to concessions in the future under similar or different circumstances.
13. Price Changes
Gidi Box Office reserves the right to adjust pricing for our service or any components thereof, in any manner and at any time as we deem necessary and reserve the sole right to do so at our discretion.
14. User Information
- 14.1 You may submit comments, information, reviews (“User Material”) of content viewed on Gidi Box Office and such User Material will generally be available to all Users of Gidi Box Office.
- 14.2 User Material does not include Your account information, which You provided when You registered to use Gidi Box Office. AGL does not endorse any User Material, and any User Material on Gidi Box Office does not reflect the opinions or policies of AGL.
- 14.3 We do not necessarily review User Material submitted by You and are therefore not responsible for the content of the User Material. As a consequence, we make no warranties or representations, express or implied, about User Material, including as to its legality or accuracy.
- 14.4 We disclaim all liability in connection with User Material to the extent permitted by law.
- 14.5 Under our discretion, we reserve the right (but not the obligation) to refuse to post or to remove or edit any of your User Material. Equally, we reserve the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of Gidi Box Office, where User Material breaches the provisions stated in this section regarding User Materials without giving you any notification.
- 14.6 When you provide AGL with, or submit User Material, including any other material contained in any communication You may send to us, including responses to questionnaires, to the Site or application, or as part of Your use or access of Gidi Box Office, You grant AGL, its subsidiaries and affiliates, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub licensable, transferable and worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, store, prepare derivative works of, display and publicly perform that User Material in any media now known or hereinafter created. You further grant AGL the right to grant permissions to Users of the Site to view such information for personal and non-commercial use.
- 14.7 You agree that You shall immediately notify AGL of any objectionable posts or other content appearing on the Site. You acknowledge and agree that AGL is free to use any User Material and that You have no expectation of compensation or confidentiality of any nature with respect to any User Material.
- 14.8 Moreover, every time you submit User Material to us, You represent and warrant to us as follows:
- 14.8.1 You own Your User Material or have the right to submit it, and in submitting it You will not be infringing any rights of any third party, including intellectual property rights (such as copyright or trade mark), privacy or publicity rights, rights of confidentiality or rights under contract or cause injury to any person or entity.
- 14.8.2 The content you submit is true and accurate.
- 14.8.3 Your User Material is not illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or otherwise objectionable, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or otherwise inappropriate.
- 14.8.4 That You are not impersonating any person when you submit Your User Material.
- 14.8.5 By reason of Your posting User Material, You agree to pay for all royalties, fees and other payments owed to any person.
- 14.8.6 You will indemnify AGL for all claims resulting from the User Material you submit.
- 14.9 You may encounter third party applications that interact with the Gidi Box Office or features that allow You to use third party applications or services, including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter. These applications or services may import material related to Your Gidi Box Office account and activity and otherwise gather data from You. You acknowledge and agree that AGL is not responsible for User Material You share with or through third party applications or services. Such application and services are owned or operated by third parties that are not related to or sponsored by AGL. Your use of a third party application or service is at your own risk.
15. Intellectual Property Rights
- 15.1 The Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website and the Services) are protected by copyright, trade marks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws. In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the contents solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
- 15.2 Gidi Box Office does not claim ownership of any materials you post, upload or submit to any publicly accessible area of the Services. However, by doing so you are granting us a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive licence to copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publicly display, edit, translate or publish such Content for as long as you elect to display such Content via the Services. The licence shall be terminated when such Content is deleted from the Services.
- 15.3 "Intellectual Property" in this context means copyrights, database rights, trademarks, trade names, domain names, rights in logos, get-up and content, inventions, trade secrets and know-how, patents, all rights of whatever nature in computer software and data, all rights of privacy and all intangible rights and privileges of a nature similar to any of the above, in every case in any part of the world and whether or not registered; and including all granted or pending registrations, and all rights to make applications for registration in respect of any of the same.
Gidi Box Office, including all content provided on the Site is the property of AGL or its licensors and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
Gidi Box Office is a registered trademark of AGL. Gidi Box Office’s trademark and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not AGL’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among clients or in any manner that disparages or discredits AGL. All other trademarks not owned by AGL that appear in any Gidi Box Office service are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Gidi Box Office.
You may not extract and/or re-utilise parts of the content of any Gidi Box Office service without our express written consent. In particular, You may not utilise any date mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation any substantial parts of the content of any Gidi Box Office service, without our express written consent. You may also not create and/or publish Your own database that features substantial parts of any Gidi Box Office service without our express written consent.
19. Copyright Infringement
Gidi Box Office respects the intellectual property of others. If You believe Your work has been used in a way that gives rise to concerns of infringement, please notify us using the procedure below for making infringement claims.
20. Notice and Procedure for Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you are a Copyright Owner or an Agent asserting that any of the content on the Site infringes upon Your copyrights, You may submit a notification by making available the following information to us or our Copyright Agent in writing in accordance with the procedure set forth below. We will process and take appropriate action in accordance with applicable intellectual property laws.
Your notification must contain the following:
- 20.1 A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- 20.2 Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site. In addition, identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- 20.3 Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which You may be contacted.
- 20.4 A statement or written evidence that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- 20.5 A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- 20.6 A copy of Your notification should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject titled Copyright Infringement Notification.
21. Links to Third Party Websites
The Website/Services may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that Gidi Box Office is not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
22. International Use
You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom or the country in which you reside (if different) and with all local laws and rules regarding acceptable use of and conduct on the Internet.
You agree to indemnify and hold Gidi Box Office harmless from and against any breach by You of these Terms and Conditions and any claim or demand brought against Gidi Box Office by any third party arising out of Your use of the Services and/or any Content submitted, posted or transmitted through the Services, including without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) howsoever suffered or incurred by Gidi Box Office in consequence of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
24. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- 24.1 Use of the Website/Services is at your own risk. The Website/Services are provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- 24.2 To the extent permitted by law, Gidi Box Office will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website/Services.
- 24.3 Gidi Box Office makes no warranty that the Website/Services will meet your requirements, that Content will be accurate or reliable, that the functionality of the Website/Services will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website/Services or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
- 24.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of Gidi Box Office for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of Gidi Box Office.
- 24.5 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
25. Unsolicited Materials
Gidi Box Office does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for movies or other audio-visual content and are therefore not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to Gidi Box Office.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be deemed to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Terms or Conditions shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
27. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and You hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Gidi Box Office voucher allows you access to Gidi Box Office Service.
You may redeem Your voucher via the dedicated webpage, where You would be required to create an account if you do not already have one.
The vouchers are advertised for a limited time only and You would need to read the most up to date information on the dedicated webpage. The voucher may not be redeemed for cash, or other credit.
Gidi Box Office reserves the right to close accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a voucher is fraudulently obtained or used on the Site.
32. Limitation of Liability
Gidi Box Office voucher is provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” with all faults and without representation or warranty of any kind. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, AGL expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose or use or functionality.
33. Customer Support
LAST UPDATED: 30TH JUNE 2020